Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 21 March 2011

21st March 2011

Cherish yesterday, live today, dream tomorrow!


I’ve had a fabulous weekend, and it was centred round food and friends because the two do have a habit of going together, it’s an equations “Food + Friends = Fabulous Fun”. Friday I did afternoon tea with one group of friends where we laughed until we nearly cried and the waiter thought we were having a sugar rush because we were all Weight Watcher leaders and Saturday was my super treat, five of us went to La Becasse in Ludlow which is a Michelin star restaurant and was voted in the Times top 20 restaurants. We planned it last year and I’ve been looking forward to it ever since, we had planned on having the lunch 3 course because it was the cheapest option but we ended up having the 7 course lunch taster menu which turned into 8 or 9 I’m sure by the end of it! Anyway it was fabulous and because you do only get a taster of each course I actually don’t think I’ve gained this week either – result! I did fall of my no alcohol for Lent though, as I couldn’t resist the wine pairing that goes alongside each course, for me that was part of the experience and I got to taste some very fine wine. My friend bought me the book that the restaurant had on display which was by Alan Murchison who owns the restaurant and the maître D’ got it signed for me by the chef Will Holland. So I came home a very happy bunny. We stayed in a Travelodge to balance out the cost ;D and for breakfast Sunday morning went to DeGrey’s which was also scrumptious. Now I’m ready to get back in the zone and enjoy some smaller healthy meals this week to balance it all out. Remember Weight Watchers isn’t about deprivation and I don’t believe enjoying food should ever be about guilt! The quote at the front of the book says,

'food, the one common thing in everyone's life that truly awakens the senses, looking at it, smelling it, touching it, oh and the taste, yes the taste, making the journey worthwhile' Chef Simon Haigh.

So true, so enjoy! If you’d like to see the photos from the weekend, follow the link below, mmm

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=595730861&aid=339516

Even though I was away I still had my morning walk yesterday minus Alfie, I walked for an hour and a half from the hotel down into Ludlow and back before the rest of the girls woke up!

One good thing about trying to give up alcohol for lent is that I managed not to drink since Shrove Tuesday which has helped me shake the habit of having a glass of wine every night, I’m planning on continuing that, and remembering that the kind of wine I enjoy is one that I savour, not one that I gulp! I’ve also realised that even though I occasionally eat chocolate I don’t actually like it so won’t be bothering again. It’s interesting when you realise that some foods you eat just because they’re there or because you think you should like them!

So how was your weekend? Equally fabulous I hope, if not I hope it was good enough ;D

I’m obviously a bit of a busy bee this morning as I have lots to do because I was away the weekend, but that’s ok, it was worth it. I was actually in bed last night at 7pm and have slept for ten hours till 5am, so feel totally refreshed and ready to go.

Here’s to a brilliant week and even more success at the scales, the running total of weight loss for my members this year is 646 stone, which is just sensational, it’s amazing to see every person smile when they stand on my scales and I tell them they’ve lost.

Most importantly, remember your gorgeous and amazing whatever you weigh xx

No comments: