Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 10 January 2011

10th January 2011

“Each morning I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today… Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it” Groucho Marx

Did you know that 14% is how much you can reduce your diabetes risk by eating one portion of green veg a day, so another good reason to get your five a day! I read that in a magazine yesterday. I know some of you aren’t massive fans of vegetables but you can include them in meals without really knowing they are there. Yesterday I had stuffed mushrooms and I grated carrot and courgettes and mixed them with the low fat soft cheese so once it was cooked you weren’t even aware that they were there.

I’ve got to admit I’ve struggled with the first week back on the plan, not only have I been busy so struggled to think about cooking and what to eat but I got to hear everyday what you’d all eaten over Christmas which kept reminding me I hadn’t had half of those things so felt I’d missed out ;-) I have to admit I succumbed to shortbread, after about the 8th person told me they’d eaten loads, I went in the co-op and there was a box reduced to 40p! Well before I know it, I’d put it in my basket! Did you realise there’s as many ProPoints in shortbread as there is in chocolate, 15pp per 100g! and just for the record 1 biscuit = 3, but no one eats one biscuit!

I’ve been on the scales and I’ve managed to maintain, some of you might not think that’s good but I’m chuffed to bits, yeah I gained 5lb over Christmas but I’m happy to let it hang around for a couple more weeks whilst my head gets straight. It’s not a race, I’m more interested in making life changes that will stick with me forever, not short term solutions or quick fixes.

I was impressed with the bacon and cannellini beans on toast I made yesterday (recipe in this weeks YOUR WEEK), I hadn’t got passata so used chopped tomatoes but will use the passata next time to see if it makes much different.

As it’s the time for stews and casseroles I also put together a recipe sheet yesterday on how to make stew, it’s from Jamie’s Ministry of Cook book and on one side it has 4 stew recipes on the other the option to make it into a pie, hotpot, cottage pie or with dumplings, so as soon as I can get them printed out I will let you all have one in the meetings.

Hope everyone gets the results on the scales this week they’ve worked for and I’m hoping to welcome back those of you that didn’t make it last week!

I’m thinking a banana & pear smoothie for breakfast, or pineapple as they’re the only fruits I have in the house! Might as well start the week as I hope to go on.

So if you do one thing this year…

Drink more water. Most of us are dehydrated and water is vital for the normal functioning of our body cells. Dehydration also causes hunger, fatigue and headaches and is a common reason for feeling run down. Aim to drink six to eight glasses a day.

I drink boiled water and for me it’s replaced the numerous cups of tea and coffee I used to drink and I actually enjoy it! Don’t just sit there pulling a face try it, don’t try and drink it when it immediately comes out of the kettle, let it cool a little. I’ve just finished my first cup!

Here’s to just another Manic Monday! xx

No comments: