Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 24 November 2010

24th November 2010

Make the iron hot by striking it. John Haggai

My members weight loss to date on ProPoints plan = 1,351lb! That's 96.5 stone!

Willenhall did brilliant yesterday losing a total of 197lb or 14 stone – WOW, it seems this year that you lot aren’t afraid of Christmas you’re looking forward to the challenge ;-) It’s only 31 sleeps away! 4 members this week already have achieved their 50lb weight loss, which is just awesome. That’s 4 fifty-pound certificates I’ve ordered in two weeks, which is just wonderful. There’s nothing better than celebrating the weight loss milestones from silver seven’s to 10% to goal, they all count and the all deserve to be celebrated because you all work so hard to achieve them.

I had a fabulous dinner yesterday, Co-op tinned minced beef with onions (15pp in the whole tin ¼ can each) - depending on your taste, I add a couple of oxo cubes and a bit of cornflour. Mash made with 200g potatoes (4pp), and zero veggies. I had mine with julienne carrots, roast peppers & savoy cabbage. For 8 points it was delicious and easy, it was so good I had the spare dinner for my tea!

Today I think I’m going to do something with turkey pieces I’ve defrosted, maybe sweet and sour, I’ve just found a recipe on esource mmm, yeah I’ve got everything but the water chestnuts, not sure if I have the sauce but I do know I’ve got a sweet plum sauce or something similar which will do. Keep this recipe for Christmas to use the leftovers and just throw the cooked turkey in when you add the pineapple.

Sweet and Sour Turkey
Serves 4 at 4 ProPoints each.

2 teaspoons Oil, Sunflower
350 g Turkey, Breast, Skinless & Boneless, Raw, cut into strips
2 medium Spring Onions, cut into 2.5cm (1 inch) lengths
2 medium Pepper, All Types, 1 red, 1 yellow, de-seeded and sliced
227 g Water Chestnuts, can, drained
350 g Uncle Ben's Oriental Sweet & Sour Cooking Sauce, Light
115 g Pineapple, canned pieces in natural juice, drained
1 pinch Salt, season to taste
1/2 teaspoons Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground), season to taste (ground)

Instructions
Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying-pan or wok. Add the turkey and stir-fry briskly for 2-3 minutes, until sealed.

Add the spring onions, peppers and water chestnuts and stir-fry for a further 3-4 minutes.

Pour on the sauce and add the pineapple. Mix well, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Season to taste and serve.

Weight Watchers esource is brilliant for finding meal ideas, if you haven’t already got a monthly pass make it this years Christmas present you yourself, the first month is only £12.95 and you’ll be able to log on over Christmas to keep you motivated. (buy it in your meeting)

I’m sat drinking a smoothie, it’s not my best work I have to admit, a bit too thick and I shouldn’t have put the apple in! But I’ll drink it because it’s good for me. Whatever you’re having for your breakfast, I hope you’re enjoying it more, speaking of which we have fruity cereal bars arriving today I think! Mmm can’t wait to try those, only 2pp.
Remember life starts now?

Are you living yet?

You’re not alive unless you’re living!

No comments: