Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 15 November 2010

15th November 2010 facebook email

Happiness lies in good health and a bad memory. Ingrid Bergman

Can’t believe it’s Monday already, and I’m already looking forward to weighing everyone after their first week on ProPoints.

I made a type of strawberry ice cream with organic yogurt yesterday and it’s in the freezer as a treat for this week, followed the general recipe from yesterdays email.

I also cooked Leek and mustard bake that I love and the sauce can be used on any vegetables not just Leeks, it’s nice on broccoli and cauliflower. I’ve put the recipe below, I thought we could all have a ‘Meat free Monday’. I’ve just had a punnet of blueberries for my breakfast and I’ve made a smoothie, which is cooling in the fridge. I’ve got leftover leek bake for lunch and I’m going to think about my tea, but eggs will probably be involved as there’s a few of them in my fridge.

There’s also an autumn vegetable balti recipe in this weeks copy of ‘Your Week’ and a tasty veggie pasta dish too or a tofu and noodle soup recipe. In last weeks copy there is Winter Minestrone, you could make the chilli con carne from soya or quorn mince and of course the deserts are all meat-free. I might make my whole week meat free; I’ll include a little fish at most.
Leek and mustard bake Serves 4 total 25pp – 6pp each

700g baby leeks (wash & cut in half lengthways)
50g low fat margarine (5pp)
50g plain flour (5pp)
600ml skimmed milk (6pp)
100g low fat soft cheese with garlic & herbs (4pp)
1 tbsp wholegrain Dijon mustard (1pp)
50g low fat cheddar cheese (4pp)
Salt & pepper
· Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5 / 190oC. Steam leeks for 5-10 minutes or until softened.

· Meanwhile, melt margarine in a non-stick saucepan and stir in the flour to make a ball. Remove the pan from the heat, add the milk and whisk until the roux ball is completely broken up into the milk.

· Return to a low heat and whisk until the sauce thickens. Add soft cheese and mustard, season to taste.

Place the steamed leeks in the base of an ovenproof dish. Pour over the sauce and sprinkle with the cheese, then bake for 15 minutes until bubbling and golden.

This bake is so easy to make and quick too, just what you need after a busy Monday.

Remember life starts now?

Are you living yet?

You’re not alive unless you’re living!

No comments: