Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 14 November 2010

14th November 2010 facebook email

If A is success in life, then A equals X plus Y plus Z. Work is X, Y is play, and Z is keeping your mouth shut.

Good morning, well I’ve just got back from an hour walk with Alfie, as we walked it got misty and now we can just see the houses across the road! Well I stuck to my word and really chilled yesterday, watched tv all day and slept through XFactor, best way to watch it I think! I managed to cook some roasted vegetables which were delicious, had them with huge potato wedges, I microwaved the whole baking potato first, then cut into 4 sprayed with my oil sprayer and put in with the veggies so it was all ready at once, I sprinkled them all with BBQ seasoning too, delicious.
Whilst watching a couple of Jamie Oliver’s 30-minute meals, a couple of quick recipes caught my eye, one was an adult version of the good old slushie, remember those – brain freeze! And the other was a frozen dessert, which looked scrumptious and low in ProPoints once I’d tweaked it, so I’ve put them both below for you to try. I need to get me some cordial and soda water first! There are quite a few of Jamie’s recipes I plan to convert in the coming weeks.

Berry Slushie (Zero ProPoints)

Ice cubes
2 sprigs fresh mint
50 ml elderflower cordial
150g raspberries
1 litre bottle of soda water

Using a food processor fitted with the standard blade attachment add a pint glass of ice cubes and the leaves from 2 sprigs of mint and blitz to a slush. Leave the processor running and add 50ml of elderflower cordial and the raspberries. Pour in 500ml of soda water and leave to whiz until combined. Taste, adding another little splash of elderflower to sweeten if needed. Pour into a large jug, top up with soda water and stir again before serving.

Mango Dessert (serves 4 at 3 ProPoints each)

500g bag of frozen mango chunks (or any frozen fruits)
2 tablespoons runny honey (8pp)
1 lime
a few sprigs of fresh mint
250g natural yogurt (3pp)

Whiz the frozen mango chunks in food processor with 2 tablespoons runny honey, the just of 1 lime, a good pinch of mint leaves and 250g of yogurt. Once smooth, pop into the freezer until ready to serve.

I’m just loving the enthusiasm from everyone, the text messages, the phone calls, the posts on facebook; it’s fabulous to see everyone loving the plan.

The mist has already cleared always so you can enjoy the day.

Remember life starts now?

Are you living yet?

You’re not alive unless you’re living!

No comments: