Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 1 November 2010

1st November 2010 - todays facebook email

In truth, people can generally make time for what they choose to do; it is not really the time but the will that is lacking. Sir John Lubbock
“Why are you losing weight?” Or if you’re not “Why do you want to lose weight?” Is it something you really want when you think about it?
Do you find yourself sabotaging yourself after a few good weeks?
From experience I’ve found that people who focus solely on the scales for the feeling of success tend not to have the most success because think about it at the end of the week its just a square gadget that has numbers on it, if it does make you feel better, it’s only for a moment isn’t it, at most a few hours whilst you share with your friends in the meeting and your family when you get home. I believe you need more ways of appreciating why you are losing weight.
Personally, for me losing weight is merely a side effect!
Yep, a side effect to feeling a whole lot better than I do when I’m gaining weight In what ways? Well I enjoy my food much more when I plan it, cook it, concentrate on it and taste it. It’s true that food cooked with love tastes better I believe.

I also feel better physically, not just my back and joints but everything; I have more energy and more enthusiasm to do things, when I’m gaining weight I become lazy and lethargic.
I get a more positive outlook on life, when I feel better about myself, I feel better about everything else. Instead of getting wound up when something or someone bothers me, I shrug my shoulders and focus on something that makes me feel better and leave that situation to annoy itself!
I get this really good feeling of satisfaction sitting her eating my bowl of fruit for breakfast knowing it’s full of goodness that’s taking care my body, than I would if I was sat here eating 4 rounds of toast with butter, knowing I was going to have indigestion later.
Yep I’ve realised I love myself enough to take care of my body by feeding it with good, tasty, healthy food and because I’ve had that realisation I’m almost back at my goal and it hasn’t been hard work at all, I’m enjoying every day of it and I don’t feel deprived at all.
So in anticipation of the arrival of the new plan, ask yourself the question;
“What are my reasons for wanting to lose weight?”
Then ask yourself what’s stopping you! Because as the quote at the top of the page says, “In truth, people can generally make time for what they choose to do; it is not really the time but the will that is lacking”. Sir John Lubbock
Over the last few weeks, I’ve managed to make time to walk my dog each day without fail, to cook at least one meal from scratch, to prepare fruit or a smoothie for breakfast. I even managed to find the time to do two weekends worth of work this weekend so I can still go away next weekend even though it’s the launch of the most important plan of my career so far! Yep, if it’s worth doing it’s worth making time for, so always ensure you give yourself that hour each week for you to get to your meeting and take the time you need to succeed. Don’t wait till next week and the launch, do it this week and spend this week sorting yourself out and getting in the right frame of mind – remember the new plan isn’t a miracle cure – it’s fabulous but it’s not a miracle! You still have to put the effort in, so I’ll see you in your meeting this week - my job isn’t to beat you up it’s to wake you up!

Remember life starts now?
Are you living yet?
You’re not alive unless you’re living!

No comments: