Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 14 October 2010

14th October 2010 todays facebook email

We find what we seek, if you’re looking for the black in life you’ll find it, and if you’re looking for the white, you’ll find that too.

Mmm, tasty, that’s how I need to react to my food when I eat it, that’s the minimum reaction I expect, if I don’t get it – I DON’T EAT IT! Even if spend hours in the kitchen and cook something, if it doesn’t taste good, I throw it away (or give it my brother as he’ll eat anything!)

My breakfast had that effect on me yesterday, I’ve been looking into natural ways of reducing the inflammation in my body at the moment and food apparently is one of them, so yesterday for my breakfast I had pineapple (which is known to have an anti-inflammatory effect) with 0% Greek yogurt and honey – WOW a real tastebud sensation and low in points.

Do you experiment with food or are you stuck in a rut eating the same old, same old. Today make it your mission to try something different, don’t have a sandwich for lunch, have a couscous salad or some sushi, go on be different.

I’m struggling to eat within my points this week but I’m still tracking, it’s too easy to pretend you’re not bothered, or if you don’t write it down it doesn’t count. But by tracking when you’re not in the zone can be very rewarding because it teaches you about yourself and your habits.

I know by writing it down, I will gradually get back to being within my points, not writing it down will mean I’ll go the other way and get worse! It’s like missing your meeting; you know you’re not going to have a great week if you do that, especially if you did it because you’d already had a back week!

On a totally different subject, did you watch those miners being rescued in Chile yesterday; it reminded me of a story I once read…

A philosophy professor stood before his class with some items on the table in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with rocks, about 2 inches in diameter.

He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.

So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles, of course, rolled into the open areas between the rocks.

He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The professor picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He then asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with a unanimous “Yes.”

“Now,” said the professor, “I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The rocks are the important things – your family, your partner, your health, and your children – things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.

The pebbles are the other things that matter – like your job, your house, and your car.

The sand is everything else. The small stuff.”

“If you put the sand into the jar first,” he continued, “there is no room for the pebbles or the rocks. The same goes for your life.

If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take your partner out dancing. There will always be time to go to work, clean the house, give a dinner party and fix the dripping tap.

Take care of the rocks first – the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.”



Remember life starts now?

Are you living yet?

You’re not alive unless you’re living!

No comments: