Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 5 September 2010

5th September 2010 - facebook email

The heart is always right - if there's a question of choosing between the mind and the heart - because mind is a creation of the society. It has been educated. You have been given it by the society, not by existence. The heart is unpolluted. Osho

Another beautiful day, we’ve just got back from our walk, I met my brother over Baggeridge Park but it was closed so we parked on the street and walked, unfortunately we set the alarm off! It told us we were being filmed and the police had been notified – oops! Maybe we should go later next time ;-)

Have you noticed that some days, you just want to stay in bed and hope the world forgets you exist! I was having one of those yesterday, sitting there in pain with pins and needles and numbness in my leg and feet, so I went back to bed and meditated, which turned into fell back to sleep for a few hours.

I woke up and decided feeling sorry for myself wasn’t going to get me well, no - but being productive might! Finding things to improve my back would help much more than self-pity. The same applies to losing weight. Sitting there saying, “it’s not fair, it’s so hard, I just like food”, blah, blah, blah… This doesn’t help and I think we’re all a bit guilty of self-pity now and again but self-help is what we need more of.

So I plan to incorporate some muscle building and stretching exercises into my day to improve my back and be more careful when lifting all the boxes in and out of my car and try to sit properly!

What about our weight loss then, what can we do there? Self-pity usually ends up in a food blow out or a general “can’t be bothered” attitude, so how do we stay positive and focused so that we continually lose weight?

For me I have to make sure the food I do it, I enjoy – that’s my number one priority. So this morning after my walk, I’ve started my day with 2 slices of back bacon (3pts) 1 slice toast with butter (3pts) mushrooms and tomatoes, delicious and will keep me going till later in the day.

How do you stay motivated – let us know, use the group wall, that’s what its for…

Losing weight isn’t easy, but then again nothing worth having is! So simplify it as much as you can. Next weeks meeting is about different lifestyles and tailoring the diet to suit you.

So from today the self-pity has been shelved and instead I’m going to start being grateful, focusing on the good stuff rather than the bad, I may have numb legs at the moment, but at least I have two! I saw a young lady walking with crutches the other day and she’d lost one of hers!
So start counting the good stuff, the things that make you happy. Did you know science is now proving that feeling grateful can actually make us healthier! Practicing gratitude, acknowledging the blessings in our lives and making it a point to recognise the good stuff can change us positively. We’ll sleep better and exercise more. We’ll feel more optimistic. We’ll be more alert and active. And if we do this over a period of time, we’ll realise that we’re making progress towards our life goals.

It may not come easy to you but it can be done. You could start by recording your thanks, take a moment just before you go to bed maybe (or in our case maybe before we eat our main meal, to remind us there’s more to life than food!) and write down three things that happened that day for which you are grateful. Anything that made you feel uplifted, that brought a smile to your face or your heart, or will contribute towards your future happiness, works.

After each situation for which you feel thankful, write down why this was food for your. Perhaps you got an email from someone you haven’t heard from in a long time and this reminded you of the good times you had together. It made you realise that people think of you even thought you’ve had no contact with them, which must mean you’re a pretty special person.

Also make a note of who, if anyone, played a role in what you’ve recalled for the day and how that person has had an impact on your life.

Does this sound difficult to do? I’d rather do this exercise than sit ups!
A gratitude journal will make you look at life in a positive way reminding you of the good stuff and how others add to your life. It makes you look at what went right instead of what’s going wrong.

So on my list today I will definitely write that I’m grateful for setting the alarm off at a country park with my brother and it reminded me of some of the crazy stunts we pulled together as kids! It also reminded me that we still can do daft things now – we don’t have to be ‘grown-up’ all the time!

Remember life starts now…

Are you living yet?

And are you grateful for that life?!

No comments: