Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 17 August 2010

August 17th 2010 - facebook email

It is not so much our friends' help that helps us, as the confidence of their help. Epicurus

I’m back in the zone like you wouldn’t believe, this new ‘healthy eating’ rather than losing weight mentality is really working for me. I went shopping yesterday and everything I picked up I asked myself is this good for my body and health. So there was no red meat or processed foods this week, lots of fish and veggies though and a few yogurts for desert! Just got to make sure I make them all taste good.

It's gonna be a souper week! I’ve decided I’m going to be filling up on scrumptious low pointed soups this week. Yesterday I roasted a butternut squash and blitzed it together with vegetable stock for a thickish soup ready for today.

Below is a very vegetable soup recipe which also helps make it easy for you to get your 5 servings of vegetable a day, if you include this stew-like soup as part of your menu.

I’ve got Salmon for lunch today, going to look for ideas of how to cool it and I’ll let you know. I’m tracking on my blog so if you do want any ideas you can always look there.

It’s 6 years today since I got my goal and received my gold pack from my leader, I can’t tell you how good that felt, but do you know what’s an even better feeling, to be still at it 6 years on, not to have given up. Don’t get me wrong I’ve gained weight and gone over my goal but I’ve never given up! As I said to someone last night it’s a lifelong battle but one that’s worth fighting!

So remember, life’s for living

& it starts now....

Are you living yet?


Very Vegetable Soup

Total recipe points = 4

WW oil spray (0.5pt)
1 large onion, chopped
2 green and/or red peppers, chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 small green cabbage, sliced
2 large carrots, sliced
1 courgette, chopped
1 yellow squash, chopped
I large can tomatoes
1.25 litres/2 1/4 pts vegetable juice (3.5pts) or use vegetable stock for zero points!
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4tsp crushed red-pepper flakes

Spray a large saucepan with the Weight Watchers oil spray over a medium heat. Add the onion and chopped peppers, and cook for 5 minutes, or until tender. Add the garlic and cumin, and cook for 1 minute. Add the cabbage, carrots, courgette, squash, tomatoes (with juice), vegetable juice, black pepper, and red-pepper flakes.

Heat to boiling. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 1 hour.

This is a great filling lunch that you take to work in a flask, you can even have a bit of bread with it if you fancy as long as you count the points.

No comments: