Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 15 August 2010

August 15th 2010 - facebook email

"You are not perfect, and you don't have to be. You are making progress and that's what counts".

Mmm perfection!  Don't even strive for it because it doesn't exist, well I suppose it depends on your definition of the word, my perfect life would be one where I have more good times than bad and when the bad arrives I have the strength to handlt it.  Oh that's my life now so it must be perfect ;-)

I had a productive day yesterday, I even cooked a delicious zero point carrot and ginger soup (recipe on my blog tracker yesterday), it wasn't very gingery so more ginger could be added, but it did the job and I didn't eat anything else until we got to Cosmo restaurant on the evening and even then I was very restrained, the food is excellent and so much choice, but I stayed away from deep fried things, opted for a little sushi, and the a bit of steak and scallop from the Teppanyaki Bar, the one thing I did indulge on was a couple of sticky ribs and a taster of the deserts, although I'm not a massive dessert fan and didn't eat much of them.  I didn't even drink, only had about 100ml of red wine, I just didn't want to, I was too busy enjoying the pint of diet coke I'd ordered!  Think I may be possessed! ;-)

Or maybe my new thought pattern of eating for health is working, and my new affirmation "I love myself enough to take care of my body by eating well and moving more." is also hitting my subconscious. YAY for positive thinking.

For those of you that have never tried it, I really do recommend you give it a try, I started reading a book yesterday called "The Power" by Rhonda Byrne, it's a follow on from her book "The Secret" which was a global success and had a film made about the concept.  The Secret takes of  'The law of attraction", in universal terms, the law of attraction says: like attracts like.  What that means in simple terms for your life is: what you give out, you receive back.  Whatever you give out in life is what you receive back in life.  Whatever you give by the law of attraction, is exactly what you attract back to yourself.

I've found some people react quite extremely to this concept when it's bought up in discussion, so just observe your own reaction right now! 

In the words of Isaac Newton "To every action there is an equal or opposite reaction."

So therefore every action of giving creates an opposite action of receiving and what you recieving and what you recieve is always equal to what you've given. Whatever you give out in life must return to you.  It is the physics and the mathematics of the universe.  Mmm interesting!

So instead of talking about the negative things that have happened in your day (and yes everyone has a degree of bad in their lives, it how you approach that bad that matters) talk about the good things that that occured. 

In the book she says this;

"If you parrot negative things and squawk about the things you don't love, you are literally jailing yourself, like a parrot in a cage.  Every time you talk about what you don't love, you are adding another bar to the cage and you are locking yourself away from all the good.  People who have great lives tend to talk more about what they love.  By doing so, they gain unlimited access to all the good in life, and they are as free as the birds that soar in the sky.  To have a great life, break the bars of the cage that is jailing you; give love, talk only about what you love, and love will set you free!"

Mmm, so back to dieting, focus on the positives, what do you love about eating healthily and moving more?  Rather than why is it so difficult to lose why, why is it NOT?  I had a fabulous night last night, I didn't feel deprived because I didn't stuff my face, I felt great because I didn't come home feeling stuffed and bloated with heartburn, unlike my greedy brother ;-)

So today think of all the positives of everything in not just your diet but your life, the difficult aspects of your life will always be there but you don't have to focus on them, move your attention to the positive and choose to have a fabulous day. 

Well me and Alfie are off for a walk, enjoy your day.

Remember life start now, a really fabulously good one.

Are you living yet?

No comments: