Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 31 August 2010

31st August 2010 - todays facebook email

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. Will Durant (translation of Aristotle)

5.30am and I’ve got lots to do to get ready for work, bank holidays are nice but this ones put me out of sync, hey ho, at least I only have a three-day week.

I had a very quiet and contemplative day yesterday thinking about all sorts of things and come to all sorts of conclusions, I don’t know why but August Bank holiday seems to have that effect on me every year.

I also had a couple of really enjoyable walks with Alfie, one over Kinver Edge but one just round the estate and both I enjoyed equally, I realised that I do enjoy being outside getting some fresh air and it’s making sure I get that exercise that the government recommends!

Looking back over the weekend break at Fairlawns, the foods I remember the most, the ones I enjoyed eating were actually the foods that are healthy so maybe my tastes are changing, I had a few satsumas that were delicious so I plan to get me a bag of those today, there was also some couscous that was very tasty, might have that for my lunch, and cold salmon, so I will defrost some this morning and maybe have that with a salad today or tomorrow. I didn’t really pay any attention to what I was eating yesterday, I didn’t overeat but I didn’t look at the balance of things which I’m back to doing this morning with my smoothie for breakfast.

When I went to the new Cosmo restaurant the other week I really enjoyed the broccoli and I found this recipe yesterday in a Chinese recipe book which I think might taste the same so I plan to cook it this week sometime;

Broccoli with soy sauce

A wonderfully simple dish that you will want to make again and again. The broccoli cooks in next to no time, so don't start cooking until you are almost ready to eat.

Serves 4

450g/1lb broccoli
1tbsp vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp light soy sauce
Salt
Fried garlic slices, to garnish

Trim the thick stems of the broccoli; cut the head into large florets

Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the broccoli and cook for 3-4 minutes until crisp and tender.

Drain the broccoli thoroughly and arrange in a heated serving dish.

Heat the oil in a small saucepan. Fey the garlic for 2 minutes to release the flavour, then remove it with a slotted spoon. Pour the oil carefully over the broccoli, taking care as it will splatter. Drizzle the soy sauce over the broccoli, scatter over the fried garlic and serve.

Sounds delicious doesn’t it!

---------------

Here’s to a great week, only 115 sleeps to Christmas! I can’t wait I get my holiday then – yay.

Remember life starts now!

Are you living yet?

No comments: