Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 22 August 2010

22nd August 2010 - facebook email

Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. Unknown

After an okay start to my day, a trip to Sainsbury’s followed by a tasty stir fry for lunch, I got a little lazy and sat watching tv, then a text message from a friend saying she was cooking got me to pull my finger out and get back in my kitchen. I’m so glad I did, cooking caramelised onion and mushroom lasagne and it was delicious, although I did have a third of the recipe for 8 points. The recipe is on my blog

Cooking can seem a little daunting or maybe too much trouble until you get started, especially if you have a busy life. However the rewards are great, not only are you in control of the ingredients but I’ve found the results to be larger and tastier than prepacked meals.

I think the trick is to get started, find some simple things to make and then build up find a number of recipes that you enjoy and put them together in a folder in your kitchen. I have to admit that I’m not a lasagne fan but I do love this recipe and it’s so easy to cook. I great place to start is in the copy of “Your Week” that you get in the meeting every week, also the Weight Watchers magazines have lots of recipes in them too. If you have a monthly pass then the online database of recipes is huge, and you can search by ingredients.

If you really haven’t got a clue where to start, check out www.youtube.com and search for cooking lessons, http://www.youtube.com/user/waitrose has some good examples. Weight Watchers esource also has some great ‘how to’ videos.

Although the suns shining today, so you may not want to spend it in the kitchen, there’s always tomorrow. I’m off out for lunch today, so whatever you’re doing, enjoy the sunshine.

Remember life starts now....

Are you living yet?

No comments: