Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 21 July 2010

july 21st facebook email

For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life." Alfred D. Souza

How true is that quote! How many of you are waiting till you’ve lost your weight, till the kids have left home, till the mortgage is paid?

Stop waiting – start living! This week in the meeting we’re talking about how to still socialize, entertain and stick to the plan, I’m amazed and delighted at some of the ideas and menus you’re all coming up with and wished I was actually coming round to eat them!

And I’m going to make a conscious effort to cook more over the next few weeks, because after all I really enjoy eating good food! Yesterday I had some McCain Rustic Oven Chips Skins-on which when weighed frozen, prior to cooking they are only 1.5pts per 100g that’s really low! And they were tasty.

Today I’m cooking duck, I shall let you know how that turns out ;) and then this weekend I’m going to trawl through my cook books and look for some tasty dishes to cook, I’ve already found a few in this months magazine mmm.

Someone commented on my facebook status this morning “you are so lucky Bev that you always seem to be happy”, my response was “5% luck, 95% continual hard work & self development”. Firstly and most importantly, I’m not always happy, but when I’m not I acknowledge the feeling and have a conversation with myself (not out loud ;-) you never know who’s listening!) I either try to ascertain why I’m not happy and if there’s anything I can do to change that, or if its just ‘one of those days’ you know the ones, you don’t know what’s the matter with you, you just don’t feel like smiling, well on those days, I just say to myself, “Okay so today’s going to be one of those days, it’ll be gone soon enough, just go with it.” I don’t resist my feelings; I acknowledge them, accept them and work through them.

Apologies if that’s a bit deep for a Wednesday morning but hey ho, it’s stopped you thinking about food for a couple of minutes hasn’t it!

So today have the best day possible you can, as someone else commented on the same facebook status yesterday, “I'm happy that I don't have a reason to be unhappy ;-) lol xx”
I love that response, don’t you!


Remember Life Starts NOW!

Are you living yet :-)

No comments: