Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 22 July 2010

22nd July 2010 facebook email


Happiness isn't an outside job; it's an inside job.

Sticking with the happy theme! I’m a bit of a book flicker; I buy them, flick through them and put them on a shelf to gather dust till the next time I pick one up.

Yesterday I noticed one staring at me from my shelf called “The 12 Secrets of Health and Happiness” by Louise Samways, and I picked it up thinking, mmm I wander what they are, as I hadn’t got time to sit and read the entire book, you guessed it, I flicked and here are what she believes them to be;

Secrets of Happy People

The 1st Secret – Happy people are optimists.
The 2nd Secret – Happy people like themselves.
The 3rd Secret – Happy people have a sense of personal control.
The 4th Secret – Happy people enjoy the doing.
The 5th Secret – Happy people like people.

Secrets of Healthy People

The 6th Secret – Healthy people like themselves enough to have a healthy lifestyle.
The 7th Secret – Healthy people are socially connected.
The 8th Secret – Healthy people are flexible.
The 9th Secret – Healthy people feel they have an important role in life.
The 10th Secret – Healthy people feel part of something bigger than themselves.

Secrets of Peace of Mind and Contentment

The 11th Secret: Matching perceptions to beliefs.
The12th Secret: Adjusting your focus.

I might go back and read this book because some of those secrets seem interesting. It’s easy to say, “I can’t help it”, whether we’re talking about feelings or actions, but we can. I know that eating makes me gain weight and I also know I love food and I take medication that gives me an insatiable appetite, in the past I’ve overeaten and said, “I can’t help it, it’s just who I am”, guess what, it isn’t, it was who I was choosing to be at that time, and sometimes even now it’s who I still choose to be! But it’s always a choice, whether a conscious one or not. Just as my medication might make me feel hungry, it doesn’t mean I have to give into that hunger! And if I do, carrots and soup fill you up just as well as crisps and biscuits.

Remember happiness is less a matter of getting what you want, than wanting what you have! If you’re life’s complicated, only you can simplify it. If you have problems, only you can solve them. The great thing is each and every one of us is phenomenal and has the power to do anything we put our mind to – isn’t that amazing to realise!

The 6th Secret is interesting isn’t it! Healthy people like themselves enough to have a healthy lifestyle. Mmm, if like me your instant reaction was defensive then there’s some truth in that statement ;-) So it hit a nerve with me, has it with you? This is a paragraph from the book;

“Healthy eating is easier if you like yourself enough to want to take good care of yourself. If in the past you have had trouble eating well most of the time, have a good think about your answers the following questions:
- What is preventing me from eating well?
- What would need to happen or change for me to be eating healthier food?

So definitely some food for thought for me there, what about you?

Remember Life Starts NOW!

Are you living yet :-)

No comments: