Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 30 June 2010

Smile Cards

I love this idea, doing random acts of kindness for no other reason other than because you can.This website http://www.helpothers.org/index.php encourages people to join the game of doing anonymous acts of kindness and leaving behind a smile card to keep the ripple going.

On this website there’s lots of ideas of acts of kindness you can do such as;

Give a friend your favorite inspirational book with a personal note attached.
Connect two friends who had not previously met each other.
Make a meal for someone who hasn’t got the time – if you’re a Weight Watcher member, take a meal to your meeting and pass it onto another member.
Help someone with a chore, unexpectedly.
Get in touch with an old friend who you'd like to reconnect with.
Strike up a conversation with an elderly person.
Buy bottles of water and hand them to passers-bys with a smile.
Pay for the person behind you in line.
Pick someone unknown around you, make them smile at any cost.
Call an animal shelter and donate at least one item they need.
Go to the nearest park and clean up as much as you can!
Leave flowers on the doorstep of someone you don't know and run!
Pay for an unknown person's meal anonymously.
Give away something important to you.
Give away one of your possessions RIGHT NOW.

I love this idea because I tend to go with the random acts of kindness theory, because I don't do Christmas and I've such a lousy memory I forget birthdays unless I'm reminded, I tend to buy my friends pressies as and when I see something they'd like, I think that shows your thinking of them constantly and not just at certain times of the year.

You can download the cards and print them off yourself or you can even order some for free, mine should arrive today, I ordered them a couple of weeks ago.

Kindness is contagious! Keep it going.

No comments: